Madeira Airport (FNC) is located about 20 km from the center of Funchal in Madeira Island.
It is also known as Madeira Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport, Cristiano Ronaldo Airport, and Madeira International Airport.
In any case, it is the main gateway for visitors to the island of Madeira, so if you are traveling to Madeira, you will have to use this airport.
There are daily flights from Lisbon and Porto to Funchal, so in this blog post, we’ll leave you with some practical tips to plan your trip better.
Airlines that fly directly to Madeira Airport
There are direct flights from Lisbon and Porto to Funchal, such as TAP, Easyjet, and Transavia.
In addition, the following airlines fly to this airport:
Aigle Azur, ASL Airlines France, ASL Airlines Ireland, Austrian Airlines, Azores Airlines, Binter Canarias, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Condor, Corendon Airlines, EasyJet, EasyJet Switzerland, Edelweiss Air, Enter Air, Finnair, Germania, Iberia, Jet2.com, Jetairfly, Lufthansa, Luxair, NIKI, Neos, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Primera Air, Scandinavian Airlines, Small Planet Airlines, SmartWings, TAP Portugal, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium, Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia, Thomson Airways, Transavia, Transavia France, Travel Service Airlines, Travel Service Polska, TUI Airlines Netherlands, TUIfly, Ukraine International Airlines, Volotea, Vueling but also White Airways.
How to get from Madeira Airport to Funchal
Madeira Island is not easy to explore by public transport, so we decided to rent a car at Madeira Airport.
The rent car counters are located at the terminal exit on the left side, so it is convenient to pick up your keys and pick up your vehicle.
The car park is outside the airport. When you leave the car park you will find directions to the center of Funchal.
Count on a 20-minute car journey to the center of Funchal via the expressway, that is if you manage to avoid the rush hour.
Related blog posts
Finally, are you thinking of visiting Madeira Island? So, we take the liberty of suggesting that you read the following articles:
- Traveling to Madeira during the pandemic: cautions
- Quinta da Saraiva: accommodation tip in Madeira
- Cabo Girão skywalk over the highest promontory in Europe
- Curral das Freiras: visit the central massif of Madeira and the best viewpoints
- Câmara de Lobos what to visit: the bay, the islet, the Churchill statue and much more!
- Ribeira Brava: making Madeira poncha in Serra D’Água
- Paul da Serra: visit the biggest plateau in Madeira
- Madeira Natural Park: visit unique ecosystems in the world
- Madeira Laurissilva Forest: UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Porto Moniz things to see, do and see on the North Coast of Madeira Island
- Mercado dos Lavradores in Funchal: exotic passion fruit in Madeira
- Funchal Madeira: what to visit, do and tips for your itinerary
- Ponta de São Lourenço: PR8, boat and lunch at Cais do Sardinha
- Machico Madeira: Whale Museum, Pico do Facho Viewpoint and much more
- Santana Madeira: see typical Madeiran houses
- Madeira Airport: major airlines and how to get to Funchal
Would you like to visit Portugal? We want to travel as a family, regularly, with some comfort and without going broke! We also organize trips, so check out some travel deals and promotions on Facebook, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.